Updates


Article: "No sign of anyone alive inside the ferry" rescue efforts continue

Source: Newsis via Naver

1. [+24,050, -653] Even if anyone was alive, they wouldn't have the strength to bang on windows or give any sign that they were still alive... It's already too late.

2. [+17,401, -312] I know it doesn't make sense but I want to turn back time...

3. [+13,386, -314] Even if just one person, I just want one person to be alive... My heart's ripping apart.

4. [+13,254, -1,932] I refuse to believe that they're all dead until we see that they are dead

5. [+2,620, -176] It's been three days already, we can't expect them to be alive...

-


Article: "Ferry windows broken into"... corpses collected in the ferry for the first time

Source: Yonhap news via Nate

1. [+178, -18] Seems we've already lost some bodies... Just thinking of my child dead in those freezing waters is horrifying, but losing his body after raising him for 18 darling years and not being able to give him one last hug before letting him go breaks my heart.

2. [+163, -6] I hope that at least we can return the bodies to their families......

3. [+144, -10] There are less and less people with hope now... More people wondering if it's time to give up... I'm sure the families understand the situation but their hearts aren't letting them give up yet. I can't give up hope yet.. There has to be a survivor, there has to be someone who's rescued. I'll pray until the end.

-

Article: Three bodies collected from the first entrance of the ferry so far

Source:
Nate

1. [+366, -1] I feel bad for all of them. Those bodies.. were all people who must've been cold and scared until they closed their eyes for good. I feel bad for the rescue team having to fight the horrible weather conditions in the dark to discover those bodies for the first time themselves. I desperately wish this was all just a dream.

2. [+272, -14] Does God exist? How can he allow this to happen to such young children? Why must these children suffer such a fate? Why must their families go through such pain? Why not take those who are not deserving of their lives?

3. [+223, -2] I saw a JTBC documentary about the parents of a boy who was found dead.. The mother fainted and the father kept asking why he was kept like that, why they weren't performing CPR on him or anything...

-


Article: 36 deaths so far

Source:
Nate

1. [+252, -3] What we all feared is becoming a reality. Even if nobody is alive, please at least return their bodies to their parents.

2. [+197, -5] Please.. please.. a miracle..

3. [+166, -4] This has to all be a lie... it needs to be a lie...

-

Article: All ferry crew found to have survived... escaped first leaving the passengers

Source:
Yonhap News via Nate

1. [+1,021, -9] I'd understand if the ferry sank without any type of warning but this could've all been prevented if the crew went about it the right way. You guys are all murderers and trash.

2. [+819, -30] I've never seen such disgusting trash in my life... The crew, the ones who know about the ferry the best, all escaped first, leaving the part time workers to deal with the catastrophe on their own, losing their lives in the process... You trash, I hope you take care of your selfish lives for the rest of your lives. You are not being hated for being alive... no one asked you to die.. but why did you tell them to stay where they were while escaping with your own lives. Ridiculous... I bet if our country ever gets into war, the higher ups will tell the citizens to stay where they are while they escape. Seems like a repeat of history if anything. Give them the harshest of consequences so that this doesn't happen ever again.

3. [+718, -27] Normally in movies, the captain is always the one who brings the passengers to safety while he faces the horrors of the ocean alone, ending his life along with his beloved ship... but that is obviously just a delusional movie. There is no hero in our generation... Reality is that nobody will help anyone in trouble...

4. [+37, -5] I feel like the captain purposely told everyone to stay where they were because he knew that if he said otherwise, any escape route will be blocked up and he won't be able to escape. This is straight up murder.

5. [+19, -0] 11 out of the 14 Danwon High School teachers are still missing... They stayed with their students until the end.. while those trash escaped to live on their own.

-

Article: Angry parents of the missing assault journalists and break filming equipment

Source: News 1 via Nate

1. [+855, -153] None of us have any right to judge the parents. We can't expect them to be thinking without bias when their children are trapped in the ferry and journalists are stuck to them like flies.

2. [+667, -85] Leave them alone. Has anyone considered how they must be feeling right now? Think of your family member being in that freezing ocean, not knowing whether they're alive or not. I would never be able to shove a camera in their faces and ask, "So how are you feeling right now?"

3. [+38, -9] They're crying and screaming not to film them but journalists force their cameras on them... Even when survivors were being rushed to the hospital, the journalists blocked up the entrances, forcing them to go through the back only for journalists to demand their right to know what's going on. Even then, the information they release to the public is still wrong... I completely understand why the families would resort to violence against them.

-

Article: Broadcast channels cancel all recordings for the following week for the Sewol Ferry accident

Source:
Newsen via Nate

1. [+571, -14] This is stressful even for the third party. It's gotten to the point where I can't do anything other than look up news on the Sewol Ferry... It's depressing and hard.

2. [+564, -17] I feel like we're going to get psychologically depressed through this..

3. [+530, -23] Just cancel the shows through this week and return to normal broadcasts next week aside from news channels. There's no reason for all of the channels to be showing the same content. Broadcasts must go on.

4. [+51, -2] With every day, there are more deaths... more hope is lost.. only depressing news on TV. The news keeps repeating the same thing.. I'm going to get depression at this rate..

5. [+48, -3] I used to relieve my stress by ending the day with a variety show but I have nowhere to relieve my stress anymore... Wherever I go, it's only talks about the Sewol Ferry and anyone who isn't mourning is treated like a bad person.. It's not even sad anymore, it's deperssing.

6. [+40, -2] I agree with the best replies, I'm going to get depression at this rate ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Mourning is good but every channel is showing the same thing over and over again.. Must all of the channels run this for 24 hours ㅠㅠㅠ I'm just watching reruns on cable channels...

7. [+33, -4] Let's move on next week ㅡㅡ

8. [+31, -2] Even while going about my daily life, I get depressed reading the news or going on the internet... I feel like all of Korea is depressed.

-