Sorry about this late request.
Article: [Screen] 'The Art of Fist Duel' loses both Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Soo Hyun, can it get back to where it was?
Source: Sports Korea via Naver
The movie had originally had Jo In Sung as the male lead but Yeo Jin Goo was contracted in the end. Producers found out that Yeo Jin Goo had also contracted another movie and told his company that they didn't want him focusing on another movie while their movie was set for crank in at the end of August.
Yeo Jin Goo's company refuted that he would have no problem fulfilling the film schedule for the movie and said they had no right to involve themselves in his other activities.
While he was still under contract, the movie producers were then said to have contacted Kim Soo Hyun to replace Yeo Jin Goo because the movie's majority investors were Chinese and they thought Kim Soo Hyun had more name as a Hallyu star. CJ E&M denied these claims.
Yeo Jin Goo's company ws not pleased with the movie contacting another actor for the role when contracts were already finalized.
Kim Soo Hyun opted out of the role entirely due to the controversy surrounding it.
Opinions on the issue are divided, with some blaming Yeo Jin Goo's company for overworking him and others blaming the movie producers for overstepping contract boundaries.
1. [+5,586, -54] So they were turned down by Kim Soo Hyun after turning down Yeo Jin Goo for Kim Soo Hyun, yeah?
2. [+4,988, -36] Kim Soo Hyun and Yeo Jin Goo both made the right decision to opt out of the movie
3. [+3,819, -20] At this point, who is going to want to do a movie with this much controversy around it...
4. [+3,448, -148] The movie's image is destroyed now. No one will watch it, even if Won Bin picks it up.
5. [+513, -6] They didn't just lose their male leads, they lost the audience as well.
6. [+477, -10] It's good that both of them opted out of it. They're young actors with bright futures, they don't have to do everything they're cast in.
7. [+456, -5] The fact that they tried to cast Jo In Sung, Yeo Jin Goo, and Kim Soo Hyun is so weird... I get Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Soo Hyun since they play the child/adult roles together and have similar images but how could you exchange Jo In Sung for Yeo Jin Goo? Their age and image are so different.
8. [+397, -13] This is better for the both of them. This drama smells like failure anyway... It's a waste of Yeo Jin Goo's talent to go through with it. Good for Kim Soo Hyun to avoid it as well.